Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy (early) Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving dinner...the turkey, the stuffing, the cranberry sauce.  Mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (or candied yams), green beans.  Finally, the pumpkin pie.  In two weeks, I will be preparing this feast for my family while watching the Macy's parade in the background.  Then, when the last timer goes off, the table is set, and "Grace" is said, I will indulge in my favorite holiday meal.  Every year I look forward to the preparation and then the enjoyment.  I dream of turkey with cranberry sauce in the middle of April.  Thanks to Melt Bar and Grilled, I was able to get my taste buds even more excited with their November Sandwich of the Month, "The New Bomb Turkey".

I think I may have found my new favorite Melt sandwich, which is a shame because I may not be able to enjoy it after November 30.  The sandwich consists of roasted turkey, stuffing, butternut squash, muenster cheese, and a side of cranberry dipping sauce.  In other words, heaven between bread.  All that was missing was the sweet potatoes, but I really did not miss them much.  The stuffing was just like homemade and perfectly cooked.  The squash and the cheese complimented each other perfectly.  With each bite, i drizzled on the cranberry sauce adding that sweet-tartness to my dinner.  And of course, the star of the sandwich, the turkey.  There was NOTHING dry or bland about this bird.  With every bite, I was getting more and more excited for November 25.  To substitute for the pumpkin pie, I tried the pumpkin pie martini.  Overall, it could have used a bit more pumpkin and slightly less Bailey's.  Otherwise, it was still enjoyable.  Personally, when you get this sandwich, I would recommend pairing it with the Southern Tier Imperial Pumking Ale which is still on tap.  I also recommend saving room for dessert (the pumpkin cheesecake) which we unfortunately did not.  I usually limit my visits to Melt to once a month, however, the New Bomb Turkey may lead me to go back once more in November, this time leaving room for pumpkin cheesecake.  Another successful and delicious trip to Melt.  Matt Fish, you never disappoint me.

With that being said, I would like to take time to thank all veterans on this Veteran's Day.  Because of your sacrifices, we Americans have freedoms unmatched anywhere else in the world.

I also would like to inform you, Hungry in Cleveland is now on Twitter.  Follow me @HungryInCLE to see where I am eating and what I am cooking.

Until next time...follow your heart, fulfill your hunger.    

No comments:

Post a Comment