Monday, April 4, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!

It's TRIBE TIME here in Cleveland, Ohio!  If there is one thing I love as much as food, it is Cleveland sports especially the Indians.  Win or lose, I love enjoying a game at "The Jake" (yes I refuse to call it by its newish name).  While enjoying Opening Day this past Friday, I notices there were quite a few new options at the concession stands throughout the ballpark.  Food at the game has come a long way from hot dogs, peanuts, and crackerjack, although you can still enjoy those classic favorites and so many more!

This season, Food Network has teamed up with eight Major League ballparks, one being Cleveland, to serve gourmet grub at the games.  Head over to section 172 to try he Food Network steak sandwich.  If you do, let me know if it is worth $12.50.

For vegetarian and gluten free fans, check out the "spuds and suds" stand located in section 164.  Here you can feast on veggie dogs, tofrurkey Italian "sausages", and some gluten free ballpark treats.

If you are looking for something not so healthy, go to the APPetizer Store in section 154.  This stand is a deep fried food lovers dream and a cardiologist's worst nightmare.  Fans can feast on funnel cakes, deep fried cookie dough, fried twinkies, chicken and waffles, and fried shrimp to name a few options.

Each month, Cleats, located in section 164, will be offering a burger of the month created by Tribe players. 

If you are craving a twist on nachos, head to the Market Pavilion and enjoy pulled pork nachos.

For beer lovers, there are two new brew options aside from the $7.75 drafts you get from the beer guy.  If you are looking for a blast from the past, or a cheaper beer option, go to "Your Dad's Beer" located in section 119.  For $4.50, you can enjoy a 12 oz can of PBR, Stroh's, Blatz, Genessee, or Schlotz to name a few.  There is also a beer stand featuring local brews from GReat Lakes, Hopping, Frog, and Buckeye Brewing Company.

If you still crave the classic ballpark favorite like I do, even hot dogs come in a variety of options.  Super dogs, kosher dogs, and foot longs with up to 14 toppings are available throughout the park.  Also note this season's Dollar Dog nights: April 15 against the Baltimore Orioles, May 13 against the Seattle Mariners , June 17 against the Pittsburgh Pirates, July 29 against the Kansas City Royals, August 26 against Kansas City again, and September 23 against the Minnesota Twins.  Make sure those dogs are topped with Cleveland's own Bertman's Ballpark Mustard!

Until next time...follow your heart, fullfill your hunger!

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted this! I just bought a six pack of tickets, so I definitely need to know where to find all the good food/drinks at The Jake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a food tour of the stadium could be done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Definitely going to have some good options when I'm at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see you hat the game last week! I passed on the funnel cake while I was there and have been craving it ever since. I should have just had it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even tell you how happy I am about the vegetarian fare at the "Jake" this summer! I usually just munched on peanuts and held out until after the game - but this year I'll actually have some options! Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete