Friday, November 18, 2011

My Best Days Are Ahead of Me!

Loved this cake!  Wonder what will be on 27??
Once again, I am back from a blogging hiatus.  Alot has happened since I last posted, some good some bad.  One thing I have learned (yet again) is I must be more open about what is really going on inside.  I never really have been one for making New Year's resolutions but I do have an ever growing bucket list.  Sunday is my birthday which kicks off my favorite week of the year.  Seriously, my birthday, then Thanksgiving (ultimate food holiday), then Black Friday (biggest shopping day of the year).  I could not have been born during a more appropriate week.  I have read quite a few ___ at ____ "birthday resolution" lists lately which made me think, why not.   I realize some of these I already have been working on, some I have complete control over, and others I have to do my best and leave it up to God.  So here it is in no particular order, Steph's 27 at 27.  Enjoy!

1. Run 4 marathons.  Already signed up for Disney in January and Cleveland in May.
2. Take a fun, creative class. (cake decorating, creative writing, ballroom dancing...)
3. Ragnar with the #DirtyRunner team!!!!
4. Make more time for those I truly love and mean the world to me.
5. Find a new job
6. Road trip with the Tribe.  Every season I say I will go to an away game and never end up doing it.
7. Reach my $3400 Liver Life Challenge fundraising goal. (*hint*hint*cough*cough*nudge*)
8. Do the Warrior Dash
9. Do something every day to make me happy.  It can be as simple as going for a run, giving into ice cream, or buying a new pair of shoes.
10. Buy a house/condo
11. Get back into yoga
12. Finally get my passport
13. Get a puppy
14. Make Nana's chicken paprikash.  I have put off attempting this for way too long.
15. Finish the Tour de Bruell.  Yeah, this past year I only made it to one restaurant.
16. Actually finish books I started reading.
17. Be a better blogger
18. Be more responsible and everything that entails.
19. Continue to eat healthy while every now and then treating myself within moderation.
20. Watch the sunset over Lake Erie
21. Go to the Ohio Wineries.  As shameful as it is to admit, I have never been.
22. Volunteer more.
23. Find a softball team to play on this spring/summer.
24. Go to a Notre Dame football game.  It has been too long since I have been in Notre Dame Stadium.
25. Host a clambake.  Again, every fall I want to do it and never get around to it.
26. Go to the Southern Tier brewery.
27. Overall, be the best me I can be!  

Until next time...follow your heart, fulfill your hunger!

9 comments:

  1. Love this post! So many things on this list that I could add to my own. Glad to see you are back to blogging, you were missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list!!
    I officially invite you to join my goofy group of friends and I when we go to the wineries. We make an annual trip of it and always have a blast.

    And I will gladly help you with #26, 2,+15 and volunteer to be your taste tester for the paprikash :)

    I hope that your birthday is just the start of a fantastic year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolutions!! I am more than willing to help with some too!! Especially the Southern Tier trip!! Cake decorating, Tribe Road Trip, New Job, and Warrior Dash are all included in my 2012 New Years Resolutions. Starting a blog and keeping with it is on that list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you blogging again! All the best for completing the list and having a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great list! If you're interested, one of my very good friends plays softball for several leagues - I can ask her if they need anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey - Well Volunteer - you know your on Train 4 Autism so when you get back from Disney Taken care off. Ragnar Nuff Said.. Marathons... you can do it.. Paprikash I want some... Ice Cream Fantabulous... Attend Baconfest 3 - add it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy to see a post from you. I can definitely help out with 11 and 15 (I've only got Parallax left!) A very happy early birthday to you and here's to one fabulous year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Welcome back!
    I hope you had a fantastic birthday yesterday - here's to another great year!

    ReplyDelete