Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday Afternoon Football...like on Thanksgiving!

I do realize there has been a 2 week bye with my Monday Night Football posts, so I decided to do a Thursday afternoon post.  Afterall, there is always football on Thanksgiving Day in the afternoon.

Bye Week #1 came as a result of surviving running the Cleveland Marathon the day before.
Face of victory or survival...you decide.
Yes it was hot and my goal quickly became just finish.  I did not want be that person dehydrated on the side of the road.  I will take a slower time from running smart over a DNF any day!  Still, I enjoyed running 26.2 miles through Cleveland and I already am working on my training plan to PR in Detroit this October.

Bye Week #2 was Memorial Day and I was at the corner of Carnegie and Ontario cheering on the #firstplacetribe (yes, we will be back on top the AL Central very very soon)
Root root root for the Indians!
However, I am getting more and more excited since the big game is only weeks away!  I am ready to return to practice tonight and see all of the progress #TeamBrunette has made over the past few weeks.  Also, set your alarms, or DVRs, since BVB will be featured tomorrow morning on Kickin' it with Kenny during the Fox 8 morning show.  I'm going to be on TV!!  

There is still time to help me achieve my fundraising goal.  Remember, $20 will get you a ticket to the game on June 16th.  Also, our final Happy Hour will be next Friday, June 8th at the Barley House on West 6th.  20% of your bill goes directly to BvBCLE.    

Until next time...follow your heart, fulfill your hunger!

**Disclaimer:  I was asked to blog about my experiences as a player for the inaugural Blondes vs. Brunettes Powderpuff football game.  I am required to attend at least 4 practices and fund raise $250 for the Cleveland Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association.  All opinions are 100% my own.  Go #TeamBrunette!**

1 comment:

  1. Great job!! I 'survived' the Cleveland Half, and I rocked that same shirt! Twins!

    ReplyDelete