Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tremont Farmers Market

Last night I made my first farmer's market visit of the summer in Tremont.  Every Tuesday from 4-7 on Lincoln Park, local vendors set up at the Tremont Farmer's Market.  From fresh produce, to cheese, to popcorn, there is a little something for everyone.  

Too hot for a label
My first stop, and possibly favorite vendor, was Blaze Gourmet, who sells hot sauce and salsa.  I first discovered them last summer at the Tremont Farmer's Market and was hoping they would be back again.  As most of you probably know, I love hot and spicy food.  I also love to snack on chips and salsa.  While I was at the Fabulous Food Show this past April, I purchased a few jar of Blaze salsa, however they did not have my favorite one available that day.  While I enjoy the Wild Mustang Chipotle Black Bean & Corn and their Raspberry Chipotle, I often need a little more heat.  Enter "The Shocker".  It is hot.. hell yes.  Will it make your eyes tear up a bit...just a bit.  Does it also have flavor...oh yeah!  I have only sampled their hot sauces but will more than likely purchase a few next time I see Blaze set up somewhere.  

Last night's market was also called "Strawberry Fest".  While I missed the demos by Sue Carrara, I did pick up a pint of these lovely (and delicious) strawberries from Morning Dew Orchards in Salem, Ohio.  I also stopped by the APL and wanted to leave with Miss Lola.  Maybe next time.
Lola...from the APL's site
Strawberry fields forever!

Until next time...follow your heart, fulfill your hunger!

2 comments:

  1. I have a whole shelf of Blaze hot sauce and salsa in my fridge. The. Best. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Blaze salsas. I usually pick them up at the back of the fresh fork truck. Good to know I can snag them at TFM too!

    ReplyDelete