Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Night Football Week 5: Let Mini Camp Begin!

Yesterday, both Team Blonde and Team Brunette met at Force Sports Rocky River for our first practice.  It was great to finally meet my teammates and opponents.  Many of both the players and coaches have lost or are supporting loved ones battling Alzheimer's which reminded me of the real reason for participating in #BvBCLE.  While it is fun to go out and play a friendly football game, raising awareness about Alzheimer's is why we are all there.  After brief introductions and a review of the rules, the teams broke off and got down to work!  We did some throwing, catching, and blocking drills along with running some routes.  Team Brunette is already shaping up to be a force to be reckoned with if I do say so myself!  We have started working on plays and sharpening our skills for the big game on June 16!  After practice, blonde and brunette players and coaches headed next door to Rocky River Brewing Company for food, brews, and another opportunity to get to know each other better.  Oh yeah...someone also brought "blonde" and "brunette" cupcakes for after practice too...a touchdown in my opinion!


So how can you get tickets to the big game??  A $20.00 donation towards my personal fundraising goal of $250 will get you one ticket.  A $100 donation will get you 6 tickets to the game.

Until next time...follow your heart, fulfill your hunger!

**Disclaimer: I was asked to blog about my experiences as a player for the inaugural Blondes vs. Brunettes Powderpuff Football game.  I am required to attend at least 4 practices and raise at least $250 for the Cleveland Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association.  All opinions are 100% my own** 

No comments:

Post a Comment